Miranda & Seamus’s Fairy Tale Love Story
April 10, 2020
How They Met
Seamus and Miranda’s love story began like a Hallmark Holiday special. They met over Christmas break during their first semester at Texas A&M, and as freshman, you befriend anyone with mutual friends which was exactly the case here. Over the break Seamus messaged Miranda “Howdy”, and that’s all it took for them to start texting and FaceTiming everyday. Because they had so much instant chemistry, unable to wait for school to start again, Seamus drove 2 hours from his hometown to hers to take Miranda on a proper date. Making it official soon after that, they celebrated the New Year together excited about their new destiny.
If you knew anything about Seamus it would be that he is the funniest, most humorous person that you will ever meet. Because of this, He constantly teased Miranda about proposing. One of the most memorable times he did this was when he visited Miranda during her semester in the Disney College Program in the Fall of 2017. Miranda was convinced that he had a ring, and would be getting down on one knee in front of the Cinderella Castle. However, it wasn’t until over a year later that he knew in his heart, he wasn’t joking about the future that he had envisioned with his princess. Knowing her love for Disney, Tangled in particular, on March 31st, 2019 he decided to become her forever prince charming. After their romantic dinner he took Miranda back to her house, except there was something out of the ordinary there this time. They returned to a candle lit path, leading them to Miranda’s back yard strung with lights and consumed by lanterns lit all around them. With the instrumental version of “I See the Light” playing, Seamus got down on one knee and asked Miranda to be his wife. He had it all captured on camera and little did she know, her mom, sisters, and best friend were watching from behind the house having gotten to experience this special moment with them.
What you would have never guessed, is that Miranda and Seamus have gone through a lot since they have been together. About a year after they started dating, Miranda found out that she had Type 1 Diabetes. It was a complete shock to everyone in their life’s, and called for a complete change in lifestyle. Being away from home, Seamus is the one person who has seen her face every aspect of the disease and loved her harder through it. Knowing that Seamus had seen Miranda at rock bottom, and then loved her harder through it, really showed a preview of their new life together, a true love story.
The big moment had the most incredible weather, and the floral installation added such a beautiful touch to the gazebo. The setup allows for an intimate ceremony, so even though they had about 175 guests attending, it felt just hoe they wanted it. Miranda and Seamus decided to write their own vows which was something that was very important to them both. Most people know Seamus for his sense of humor, but seeing him get so emotional during his vows was so special for Miranda.
- “Our reception was an absolute blast. First off Stonehem Hall is absolutely gorgeous and we got so many compliments on how beautiful the decor looked. It was so easy to make this room exceptional because the foundation is already incredible. During dinner the sweetheart table was in the perfect spot to see our guests talking at their tables and as they walked up to get food. Stonehem Hall provided a natural dance floor which allowed our guests to join in during the many line dances we had to include to show our out of town guests how we do it in Texas. The bar setup also worked so well and made it extremely easy to make it a party without having to worry about anything since they are on staff. It was very relaxed with the fire pits outside on a winter night. All of our guests loved spending some time out there with hot chocolate and s’mores.”
Why The Inn at Quarry Ridge?
- “I have worked in the Brazos Valley Wedding Industry for almost two years now, and I have seen many venues throughout that time. The Inn at Quarry Ridge always stood out to me for its elegance. There are so many beautiful venues in the area, but they all have a more rustic feel. We loved the light and airy feel in Stonehem Hall, and were absolutely in love with the Gazebo by the lake for our ceremony.”
Advice From The Bride To Future Brides
- “Surround yourself with family and friends that you trust to step up if needed on the day.”
- “Discuss as many details with your coordinator and your vendors beforehand so you can enjoy everything the day of.”
- “Most importantly, put your trust in the coordinator and venue staff, because they have done this many times and they are there to make sure this is the perfect day for you. It may seem overwhelming as you plan, but the little things will fade away because the most important thing that day is the man standing next to you.”
Coordinator // Details Party Rental
Photographer // Sandy Ward Photography
Florist // Willow Lane Florals
Invitations // Etsy
Wedding Dress // Impression Bridal
Groom/Groomsmen Attire // Al’s Formal Wear
Bridesmaids Dresses // David’s Bridal
Shoe Designer // David’s Bridal (Touch of Nina)
Caterer // DBQ BBQ
Cake // Half Pint Bakery
Rentals // Details Party Rental
Selfie Booth // Oh What Fun Selfie